Can you sleep on a mattress laid on the floor? Sounds strange, right?
This is the case when you are used to the comfort of a bed raised to just the right level. The floor can be at times dusty or even put you just on the spot for insects and other irritating things. However, a mattress on the floor is a normal sleeping comfort to many civilizations and they find it more comfortable.
Check it: Best Pillow for Side Sleeper Reviews .
Benefits of laying your mattress on the floor instead of a bed.
Surprisingly enough doing things normally is fun until you try something else. Sleeping on a mattress that is in direct contact with the floor can sometimes be better as explained below;
- It leads to better or improved blood circulation throughout your body-the body parts are level thus blood can easily run all through unlike in a situation where some parts are raised
- Few complications of the back- generally, those who make a habit of sleeping on the floor have rare cases of spine issues. This is usually caused by unnatural positioning of the body especially when resting or even having a nap on your bed
- Sleeping on the floor gives a natural feeling- sleeping on a raised platform like a bed may seem comfortable simply because you may not have ever imagined another way. However, sleeping on the floor is natural and refreshing. This is as our species have always been doing so for years and have thus been used to it
- It is recommended for growth and maintenance of a healthy body-a firm, flat surface accustoms the body to a normal aligned position and gives a boost to your mind-body connection.
- Sleeping on the floor reduces body stiffness-sleeping on a bed causes the body to adopt a slightly hunched position when you sleep, this causes one to be stiff when they walk during the day. Sleeping on the floor reduces chances of this arising
- Those who sleep on a mattress on a floor enjoy a good night’s sleep of great quality and end up waking up early in the morning feeling good and refreshed
- When you sleep on the floor, your body will naturally stretch
- Sleeping on the floor helps the body to achieve as much tranquility as it can-when you lay your mattress on the floor, you will be able to breathe deeply and hence develop a calm feeling both physically and mentally
- It offers a simple and humble solution than when you have to get a well-designed bed- beds come in different quality and designs thus complicating what one has to have to get quality rest
- It is more affordable- in the case that you are just settling in and do not have enough cash for all household items, foregoing a bed can sometimes pay off as it has its own benefits for you
- Sleeping on the floor makes you adaptable to anything- once you get used to sleeping on the floor, you will have no problem with sleeping anywhere, even in tents during a camp or even a sleepover
One should always pay close attention to the nature of the bedding as they spend almost six hours of a day on them. A poorly designed bedding leads to a damaged body and can affect your health to the worst.
To enjoy your experience sleeping on the floor a good mattress and a thorough cleaning of the floor is necessary. The floor can sometimes be filled with irritating insects, dust and even the stench from your shoes. You will want to do away with these before setting up your bed for a new experience all over the night. This will feel unusual on the first three days but later on, you will get a hang of it and you will wish to have discovered it years ago.
With just the right type of mattress and other sleeping paraphernalia, one can enjoy sleeping on the floor as they do sleeping on a bed, or even more. This change can turn out to be a life changer through results that will be seen during the day. One can find themselves to be more refreshed and thus more productive if they make a habit of sleeping on the floor.